It is day one of this 31 days til summer challenge. Let's see, so far on my list I've updated my blog, input my breakfast foods into my food log, made a dentist appointment, and I got 8 hours of sleep last night. Definitely a good start so far. :-)
Today was my exam day, so essentially it was my last official day in the classroom until August. Woohoo! I'm so excited that this day has finally come. Of course, the year isn't over yet. I still have to grade those exams...
So yesterday, I went on an amazing run. The sky was looking rather ominous, and we were facing tornado watches, so I decided to play it safe and run indoors. I intended on running just 2 miles. As I was running, I felt like I was going slow, so I just picked up the pace a little bit. Then I got close to the 2 mile mark, and I thought, "Why not go for 2.5?" So I kept on going. And then I was almost done, and just kept on going until I reached 3. I could have kept going, but there were a couple students who were trying to get my attention. But I felt SO good doing 3 miles!
I'm still in shock that I'm able to run that far and I'm not gasping for air or ready to pass out when I'm done. A year ago, that would not have been possible. When I finished my run, I was drenched in sweat. It was awesome! And I ended up running faster than I normally do. I'm attributing that to the fact that I was inside, on a track, in the air conditioning. So I'm not joking myself and thinking that I'm super-fast. But still, it felt great.
Oh and right now, I'm off to go pick strawberries with my husband. There's something else that I get to cross off my list! :-)
WOOOHOO! You're getting closer and closer to the 10k!!!!!! And strawberries. I ate an entire case yesterday...in two different sittings. They're soooo good!
ReplyDelete