:-) So I got some warm fuzzies today. My seniors have just returned from a week-long hiking/backpacking trip that is essentially the culmination of their high school experience. We call it "Senior Survival". I was so excited to see these kids, that I met them up at the gym as they rehearsed graduation processional.
Well apparently, while they were all sitting there in the stands, several of the boys started talking about how skinny I was looking. Hooray! :-) These kids have known me for four years, and they've seen me at my biggest. The thing is, they see me everyday. So for some of them, it took the separation for them to see how different I'm looking. They were saying how good I looked, etc. Oh and I didn't hear this from them - they were telling some of the girls that I'm closest to, and they told me at dinner tonight.
It makes me feel good when I hear kind words like that. It just reaffirms that the hard work I do everyday is really paying off. I mean, when teenage boys give you a compliment, that makes me feel good. They've seen how hard I've been working. It just took awhile for it to register in their brains. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment