The title of this post is the innocent question that I asked my husband this morning when we woke up at 7:30 am. I had already been up a couple times, once to feed the cats, and then again to walk Ginger and feed her. My husband didn't feel like staying in bed anymore (although admittedly, I could have used more sleep), so instead of moving to the couch, I suggested that we go on a walk. He said yes, which took me by surprise. It was already pretty warm outside, so I threw on some shorts and a tank, and we hit the road.
I figured that we would go for a short walk around town and be back in time for me to shower and get ready for work in the dorms. We were walking and talking, and we got to a point which is about 1.5 miles from our house and I figured we'd be turning around soon. But, no, we kept on going. We ended up walking for 8 miles!
Back in the day, I couldn't even fathom an 8 mile walk. In the hot sun. But today, it was pretty darn great. Now if I'd known we were going to walk that far, I would have planned better and brought my water bottle. And I definitely would have put on some sunscreen.
We had a great time though, and it was really nice to talk to my husband for so long. I told him about this challenge, and he thought that it was pretty cool. We had our dog Ginger with us, too, and she loved it. Although by the last half mile, she was very ready to be home. :-) I'm surprisingly not sore right now, which is awesome. The last time I walked this far, I could barely move that night.
Tomorrow morning, after my run, I'm going to go get a membership at the community center so that I can start some fitness classes for the summer. I'm very excited about starting some new workouts and revamping my routine.
No comments:
Post a Comment