5.22.2010

Ready for summer!

So I have slacked off and haven't graded those exams yet. But that's alright - I just needed a break. Plus, a good friend came in town today and we got together for lunch. I'm planning on grading later this evening and will likely finish grading tomorrow afternoon.

I just got done with my run for the day. Another three miles, another step closer to my 10K in September. I also went in to lift some weights, so I did focus on my upper body. I'm really trying to work on my arms and get rid of the flabbiness.

I'm kind of bored with my workouts lately, other than running. It's a good thing that I'm essentially done with work for the next two months because now I have time to join the community center and go to some fitness classes. And I'll also be able to get my swimming done there. Which reminds me that I need to buy a swimsuit or two...

Today I went shopping, with no intentions of buying anything, but I was just browsing and seeing if there were any good deals on clothes. Losing all of this weight has been awesome, but I've been going through clothes like crazy. I tried on a pair of shorts in a size 10 and they fit perfectly! So naturally, I had to get them. I also got a couple of shirts and a pair of running shorts.

Now, I've never been one to run in shorts. I guess I've always been so self-conscious about my legs, especially my thighs. But now, I am finding new confidence, and I decided to try running in shorts. Definitely a great purchase, and I've got to go back for a couple more pairs. :-) After all, it is getting quite warm outside and I'm going to need those shorts.

Alright, well I guess I should go be productive now. I'm going to go tackle that giant stack of exams! Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment