5.25.2010

How many workouts can you fit in a day?

First, I failed to update my blog yesterday. Don't really know how that happened, but I'm thinking that it was my utter laziness. :-) Actually, I wasn't really lazy, I just wasn't as productive as I could have been. Yesterday was my first official weekday off from work, and I went back to bed after making Gabe breakfast at 5:45 am. I decided to sleep until my body woke up, and around 9:30, I was ready. I needed to grade those exams (still do, I'm ashamed to admit), but I knew that I couldn't focus in my house or at my office. So I headed out to Murfreesboro, in hopes of being productive at Barnes and Noble. Never made it there, though!

Ended up having a lunch date with Gabe, followed by some clothing shopping. I did manage to make it to the community center and get a membership. Then I came back home, graded for a couple hours, popped dinner into the oven, and ran two miles while it was cooking. Not lazy, but since I'm still not done grading, I feel like I was lazy.

This morning, I got up, made Gabe breakfast, and then got myself ready to go to the community center. I swam laps for about 45 minutes, showered, and then hopped on the elliptical for 40 minutes, and then I was in a Zumba class for an hour. I had an awesome time doing all three of those activities. I really need to work on my swimming, so I'm going to make that one of my goals this summer. And while I was on the elliptical, I was surrounded by tons of people who are all working out and it was inspiring. I've been doing this almost entirely alone in my gym at school, so it was nice to be with other people.

Zumba was so fun! I'm totally not coordinated and it takes me a while to get the steps down. I've done it before with the DVDs, but never in a class. I had a great time, and the hour just flew by. By the time I left the community center, I was exhausted and hungry. Never a good time to go shopping for food, but I went anyway and bought a ton of apples, bananas, blueberries, tortellini, pesto, and some rotisserie chicken. I also bought some deli meats that were low fat and low sodium, so I'll be eating sandwiches more. I knew that I needed to get some healthy snacks to have around the house. Apples and peanut butter? Definitely a favorite.

So I'm hoping to get back on track with eating healthier and I really want to lose those last 20 lbs that I need to lose to be comfortably in the "healthy" BMI range. I know that I can do it... I just need to get off my butt and get out there! I'm getting there. Every step I take brings me closer to my goal.

Ok, I'm determined to get those exams graded tonight. I will succeed! I definitely don't want to put it off any longer. I graded some this afternoon, and then realized that I was super-tired from my workouts and fell asleep on the couch. The second semester of school is always exhausting and it takes my body a week or so to catch up on the missed sleep. I should be fine from now on though. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, 3 workouts in one day! I have been trying to do 2 but not always successful with it. Glad to hear Zumba was fun. I've been wondering how it is. I'm with you on the getting to the healthy range of the BMI. I've got about 20lbs to go too. Seems like it'll never come off but I'm encouraged that someone else has the same goal as me. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness gracious! Good job! Three workouts in one day. I do that about once a week...I teach Turbo on Saturdays and come in early to run or practice and then after that class I do a weight class - Body Pump. I usually only do that when I'm coupling cardio and weight training. You wont' see me running for hours...that is crazy talk! Hahah.

    ReplyDelete