I am bound and determined to bust through this month long plateau I'm dealing with. Running, Zumba, weight training... restricting my caloric intake for the next week or so. I really, really want to do everything that I can to meet my goal of losing 100 lbs in one year. That is just hanging over me, always on my mind.
And I haven't given up. I haven't.
It's just that this plateau has really broken my spirit sort of. I almost feel like a failure. Me, the person who has lost 80 lbs, feels like I'm failing at losing weight. Makes no sense, I know. But that's how I'm feeling.
I am doing my best though and giving every single workout everything that I've got. When I'm through, I am absolutely worn out. And if I give my all, well there's not much more that I can do, right?
My husband has been a wonderful personal trainer. He's really pushing me to my limits. Today during our workout, I was screaming because I couldn't take any more. And he didn't stop. If I said, "I can't", he'd just push harder. That's really what I need; someone who won't let me quit. I appreciate him so much... more than he'll ever know.
He's been a great source of motivation. Actually something that motivated me to begin this journey in the first place (a year ago) was that I wanted my husband to tell me that he thought I was hot. He'd said it about other girls, especially celebrities. But he'd never said it about me. Well, that's definitely changed. I hear the words, "you're hot" quite often now. :-) That's a happy note, and that's where I'll end this post.
Hang in there. You will overcome this. You are not a failure and have come so far. I know it's easy to get discouraged and upset with ourselves but we all need to remember to give ourselves a little grace and love. You can reach your goal. Be positive and know that even if the scale doesn't reflect the change you are living a life worth living and are doing it in a way that is healthy. Besides all that muscle does weigh more than fat so maybe you're just getting some really great muscles out of the deal. :_
ReplyDeleteTake a deep breath, a real one. These are going to be the hardest pounds to lose. Your body is actually fighting against losing those last pounds...
ReplyDeleteI agree with Nikki, the scale isn't the best predictor of the change of your life. Take measurements during this time. Celebrate the 80 pounds that you've been able to lose...and all of the good choices that you've done.
Never let the number on the scale define you or your mood. Ever ever ever. You're much more than that :) You are beautiful and wonderful no matter what.