6.30.2010

Ow... that hurts!

I think I've been working out too much this week:

*Monday morning I ran three miles. Monday afternoon I went to a Step/Tone class for an hour, followed by an hour of Yoga, and then 30 minutes on the bike.

*Tuesday morning I ran two miles, then went to Zumba class for an hour.

*This morning, I ran 5 miles.

My muscles were hurting by the time I went to Zumba yesterday. It was really hard to get through that one hour class. This morning I got up and my arms were really sore, as were my abs. I started running and let me tell you, it was difficult. I felt like I was hardly moving.

The first mile was torture, just getting warmed up. Mile two felt alright, but not great. Right after mile two, our athletic director walked by (I was running on the track at the gym) and he said, "Girl, you've been working your ass off! Literally." :-) That made me happy and I sped up a bit. So mile three was a breeze. Mile four was good, and I finished strong at mile five. Overall, my time was 1:00:34. Pretty good, but not the best I've ever done. Of course, that time is nothing to be ashamed of. I couldn't have done that a year ago!

I've decided to listen to my body and take a break for a day. It's really hard for me to have rest days. I've become so accustomed to working out that I just want to do it all the time. But I need to stop and rest. My body will thank me for it. And I'll come back stronger than ever and run seven miles on Saturday morning with a renewed spirit. Yep, you heard it first right here - seven miles. God, those numbers seem daunting.

Speaking of numbers... I started running about 2.5 months ago. And in that time, I've run 105.7 miles! How awesome is that? And I've run a total of 20 hours, 12 minutes, and 44 seconds! Go me! :-)

Ok, now it is time to rest. And drink lots of water. I think my husband might be right - we should invest in a hot tub.

1 comment: