I'm a very social person by nature. That's why being a teacher and working at a boarding school is the perfect job for me. I'm constantly surrounded by people. Well, except during the summer. So while I do enjoy my summers since I don't have to work, I get very lonely.
My husband says that I need a hobby. I do have a hobby - working out. But that's a solitary thing for the most part. I do go to classes twice a week, but otherwise, I'm working out alone.
So what do I do? How do I get out there and find something to do? I love to read and I've tried finding book clubs, but have only found online book clubs. What the heck is that? Ugh. I love working out but I know that I can't/I shouldn't work out all the time.
I'm so tired of sitting at home, wasting the hours away on the computer or watching mind-numbing television. Basically, I'm tired of sitting at home. But where do I go? I'm tempted to just curl up and sleep away the hours. But that's a true sign that something is not right.
Any words of wisdom would be very much appreciated here.
Can you volunteer somewhere? Join a Book Club?
ReplyDelete