7.08.2010

But I don't want to get out of bed!

It is SO difficult getting out of bed early to workout sometimes. Especially on days when I don't have anywhere to be or any other reason to be up so early. Ugh. But I set some new goals for myself yesterday:

I will weigh 160 lbs by September 30.

I will diligently follow my training plan for the 10K.

I will incorporate weight training into my routine at least two times per eek. I will will not let my daily weigh-ins determine my mood for the day.

I will complete my runs in the morning; no excuses.


That last one is the one that is going to get me. But I have to stick with it! I am struggling so much with getting up. That's the double-edged sword I have to deal with in regards to summer. I like my freedom, but I'm not in a set routine, so I don't have normal bedtimes, etc.

So this morning, I didn't get up extremely early, but I did get out of bed at 8 and laced up my running shoes and ran 3 miles. It will get easier, and I will do better. It just takes time.

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking of getting up early to run too. Gotta start training for my 5k but I keep making excuses too. Maybe we should keep each other accountable and rag on each other when we don't do it. lol.

    ReplyDelete