7.14.2010

I want my mommy...

It doesn't matter how old I am. If I'm sick, there is always a part of me that wants my mommy to come and take care of me. Yesterday morning, I got up and my stomach was hurting. And then I was nauseous. And then my whole body was aching, from the very insides of my bones. And I was really cold. I kind of knew once my bones were aching that I probably had a virus or something.

I drank some hot tea to try and help warm me up, but it didn't help much. I ate toast and some other plain foods only because I knew my body needed energy sources; I wasn't exactly hungry. And I just took it easy and rested all day long. I was really cold, so I used our heating pad to try and warm up. :-) It did help a bit.

I went to bed last night around 9 pm, after taking a gloriously long, hot shower and downing some Nyquil. I prayed that I would feel better today. Got up around 5:30 am because the cats told me they were hungry. I was still pretty drugged from the Nyquil, but even in that early morning foginess, I could tell that I felt a lot better today.

I wasn't quite ready to wake up yet though, and couldn't fight my way through the Nyquil until around 9 am. But when I did finally get up, I felt great. Not quite at 100% of my energy level, and still feeling a bit weak (most likely from not eating much yesterday), but overall I'm better.

I was scheduled to run 6 miles today... I'm thinking that I should probably hold off and do that either this evening (after I've gotten some calories in me) or even better just do it tomorrow morning. I'll have to consult with my health guru Jara on this. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment