6.03.2010

A work in progress

I'm just doing this to check in with how I've done so far on my 31 day challenge. So here's my list again, with my notes for each one:

1. Try some fitness classes. - I've been going to Zumba, and I'd like to try some more. My main issue is that I have to drive 30 minutes to get to the community center, and I can't justify doing that for a one hour class. I just have to plan ahead.

2. Update my blog daily. - I was doing well for a while, but slacked off recently. I'll try to better!

3. Stick to my training schedule for my 10K in September. - Doing real well so far. Got my first long run coming up on Saturday!

4. Walk my dog for at least one hour per day. - Not doing so well with this one. We're going strong at about 30-45 minutes.

5. Go swimming 2 times per week. - So far, I've only gone once. I'm kind of waiting for the outdoor pool to open!

6. Track my food in a food log. - I'm a pro at this one. I've been doing it for 10 months. :-)

7. Work on strengthening my upper body. - This is something that I really need to work on. Maybe that's what I'll do tomorrow...

8. Drink at least 64 ounces of water everyday. - Once again, I'm a master at this. I never go anywhere without my Nalgene bottle.

9. Get a massage. - Since I won a free massage, this shouldn't be a problem. I need to make that appointment.

10. Go to a running store to see which shoes are best for my feet. (Then purchase them cheaper online). :-) - This is on my list of things to do next week.

11. Eat more fruits. - I think I've been eating fruit at almost every meal lately. And have had fruit as snacks a lot.

12. Try one new recipe per week. - So far, I'm doing well with this. I have to pick something for next week...

13. Call my mom everyday. - 5 times out of 7... could definitely do better than that.

14. Go for a walk after dinner. - Doing pretty well with this, although I'd love it if my husband would join me. :-)

15. Go hiking at least once per week. - Sadly, this has not happened yet. Wait, I guess that 8 mile walk I took last week was a hike of sorts... so yeah, I'm not failing at this one.

16. Read more instead of watch t.v. (need book suggestions here!) - Definitely been reading a lot more. And I've been using our DVR so that I can skip through commercials and only watch the "important" things.

17. Deep-clean my house. - This was done with much help from my husband.

18. Work in my garden. - Little by little, this is happening.

19. Avoid fried foods. - Doing great with this, although I did have something fried recently... can't remember what though.

20. Stop hitting the snooze button in the morning. - Only been snoozing once, so that's a major improvement.

21. Run outside, unless it is unbearably hot. - Doing great, and have gotten back into the routine of running in the morning.

22. Prepare meals ahead of time and freeze some to be used later. - So far, not so good. But this could be my project for Sunday.

23. Get 8 hours of sleep each night. - Yep, I've been doing well with this.

24. Paint my kitchen. - Not yet, but I have gotten some paint samples!

25. Take a multivitamin everyday. - Sometimes I forget, but I have been doing really well so far.

26. Do more bodyweight exercises. - I try to do these on my cross-training days.

27. Go strawberry picking. - Done and done.

28. Find a farmer's market. - Ooh, that reminds me, I meant to look this up online!

29. Invite a friend to come to the gym with me. - I have and she'll be coming next week. :-)

30. Wear sunscreen when I'm going to be outside for a while. - Not so much, but I know that I should make an effort here.

31. Make a dentist appointment. - Done and done. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment